Merah Putih Cafe
Shin-okubo Initial house 304, 2-10-9 Hyakunincho, Shinjuku, Tokyo, 169-0073 Japan
16レビュー • 16 • 3写真 • 3 • 3チェックイン • 3 • 5ハラルTips • 5
Write a Review
Help others by sharing your experience in Merah Putih Cafe here!
Located on 3rd floor of building. Entrance is via staircase only. Not a good idea to bring luggage there. Shop v small. Seats 10 - 12 max. Food quality depends on dish. Nasi goreng was nice, plain rice was barely cooked. Spicy chicken is really hot. Can choose to be less spicy if cannot handle. However cleanliness was a real issue. Found a dead roach in water! Decided against putting a picture of it but establishment needs to spruce up their standards!
This was near our airbnb apartment. Easy to find but have to be aware of their small signage that says the restaurant is at level 3. Alot of nepalis restaurants & near halal mini markets. The food isn't bad. I enjoyed my nasi padang daging dendeng. Tasted pretty authentic eventhough i think the cook isn't Indonesian hehe. However hubby ordered fried rice which had no meat in it and only one fried egg. Not sure if it was worth 1000¥. They had alot of pickups for take aways so i'm assuming they're pretty famous. Can't agree more on the lack of ventilation.
I wonder why this restaurant isn't so popular even among Indonesian in Tokyo, but I ensure you all that they won't disappoint you in terms of taste and authenticity. I ordered "Sate Padang" (spicy type of satay) and it's very delicious!!! The cook told me that she comes from Padang, a city in Sumatera island: famous for its spicy foods like Rendang, Sate Padang, etc. No wonder why her Sate Padang is soooo good 😭 It costed me less than 1500¥, came with some slices of "ketupat" or rice cake but apparently not enough to make me full so I ordered another plate of rice 😅 A minus point I can figure out: the ambience of the place is not so comfortable. It's dark, small, and might be also dusty. Nevertheless, I'm quite satisfied with the taste!
- Bintang BaliDaini Hashimoto Bldg. 3F, 2-27-3 Hyakunincho, Shinjuku-ku, Tōkyō-to, 169-0073 Japan3 Reviews • 11 Photos • 1 Check-In • 3 Halal Tips
- Monggo Moro2-chōme-18-８ Ōkubo, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo, 169-0072 Japan1 Review • 13 Photos • 0 Check-Ins • 4 Halal Tips
- MalayChan Satu3-22-6 Nishiikebukuro, Toshima-ku, Tokyo, 171-0021 Japan10 Reviews • 8 Photos • 2 Check-Ins • 16 Halal Tips
- Marhaba PakistaniSenkawa, Toshima-ku, Tokyo, 171-0041 Japan21 Reviews • 21 Photos • 3 Check-Ins • 15 Halal Tips
- Malay Asian Cuisine2F Sanwa Aoyama Building Shibuya, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo, 1500002 Japan30 Reviews • 18 Photos • 10 Check-Ins • 8 Halal Tips